Friday, October 5, 2007

That Guy

Man, I've been trying too hard. Living in the past and forcing myself to go back there, thinking that it'll put me where I want.

And I usually hate people who try too hard. You may have the best of intentions and you may not be harming anyone, but there's something about trying too hard that's really annoying and makes me wish something bad would happen to you. Nothing DRASTIC, mind you, just something slightly unfortunate. Like you lose your car keys. Or a finger. It's even worse if you're trying hard and faking at life. But that's another can of worms.

The first key to writing is to write, not to think.

You really just have to let it all flow out. Dont think about what's going on, just go for it. I dont even LIKE doing drafts or editing work, so what's been my deal? I dont know. I'm getting too wrapped up in my head.

I think that I need to step away from all the technology. "Ayo, I'm tired of using technology." The computer, the television...it all just breaks my concentration from my own thoughts. I'm reactive to what I'm fed. I'm slowly losing the joy of making my own thoughts. Using my imagination. Speaking my mind.

Dont think about where this is going. Just do it in it's purest form. Unadulterated, ad lib. The way life is.

No comments: